D28674: Implement a updateXTime compatible with Xcb and XWayland

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 16 09:32:12 BST 2020

zzag added a comment.

  In D28674#649419 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28674#649419>, @meven wrote:

  > In D28674#649416 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28674#649416>, @zzag wrote:
  >
  > > You see flickering because we update the window pixmap in X11Client::handleSync(). I need some time to think about how to fix it.
  >

  > Also currently my new implementation of `updateXTime()` has become asynchronous : it does not set immediately to the current timestamp, but will set it forcefully soon rather, when `Application::updateX11Time` gets called again.

  Yeah... On Wayland, we cannot update kwin's timestamp similar as how Qt's XCB plugin does, bad things may happen. On the other hand, we might face some problems if updateXTime() is updated asynchronously on X11, e.g. kwin refuses to activate some windows. We need to be very careful with such things.