D23514: [platforms/x11] Never block on retrace, always present after paint

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 23 12:59:28 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D23514#552583 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23514#552583>, @zzag wrote:

  > This patch can't go in as is because of the performance issues.
  >
  > I suggest to land this patch together with OML_sync_control patch(es).

  What performance issues? Me and other people tested this on multiple machines without noticing problems. You have a way to trigger the performance problems? Certain apps, effects?

  Not syncing to vblank is not per se a performance issue as in lower framerate. It just means the latency is not optimized. On current master we do this with maximal possible latency of one frame all the time btw.