D24862: Port one of session management connections state to a custom API

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 22 13:45:28 BST 2019

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: KWin.
Herald added a project: KWin.
Herald added a subscriber: kwin.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently kwin opens a second ICE connection to ksmserver in order to
  tell the state of kwin's whether we're logging out and saving clients or
  not.

  This requires that kwin launches after ksmserver to have the connection
  which is a dependency I want to break.

  Practically this code is already ksmserver specific as it relies on some
  custom code that sends the first saveState request to kwin first.

  Instead we can replace it with a bespoke IPC over DBus and siplify the
  code both end. This will allow several other future enhancements that we
  want with regards to handling the session state, as well as make an
  effort platform agnostic session management, as well as cleaning up some
  complex code.

  Ksmserver calls into kwin, rather than having kwin watch ksmserver state
  to allow us make sure it's race free.

AFFECTED FILES
  CMakeLists.txt
  activation.cpp