D22209: [effects/screenshot] Disable screenshot to file on Wayland

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 2 10:48:33 BST 2019

graesslin added a comment.

  I accept your general criticism, but I disagree. When we started Wayland and added the interactive protocol flatpak did not exist (practically) and we still had to assume that everything runs trusted. Even right now it's still a nice theory only that all apps will be sandboxed (on my system they aren't yet). Given that we should also look at the now and present issues. Having these dbus call open was a mistake when adding the interactive mode. Given that I see it as a bug fix to that.

  Also I want to have our base Wayland compositor secure without having to rely on flatpak. If flatpak adds additional security that is nice, but we should be secure by default.