D26233: Clamp XdgShellClient::clientSize to surface size, not m_windowGeometry

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 30 11:45:23 GMT 2019

zzag added a comment.

  Urgh, the xdg-shell spec is ambiguous about the effective window geometry. Some compositors clamp the window geometry at commit time, some compositors clamp at query time (like this patch does), and some don't clamp at all. :/

  > For example when attached buffer size changes.

  We can't connect to `SurfaceInterface::sizeChanged` since this signal is emitted only for the main surface if I recall correctly. I guess we could compute the bounding rect in the commit handler.