D24281: Add default shortcut to switch to the desktop to the left/right/top/bottom

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 18 13:27:18 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  Meta+Control+Arrows aren't my favorite either; my preference would be to go back in time and put a Meta key on the right side of all PC keyboards (like Mac keyboards have) so that Meta+Arrow shortcuts are all reachable with a single hand, but sometimes you need to deal with an imperfect reality and admit when something that's better than nothing is doable and the ideal thing isn't.

  @romangg since you seem to like Meta+WASD a lot, I think you should re-bind whatever defaults get set to this yourself. That's why keyboard shortcuts are re-bindable, after all. The people we should care least about satisfying with the defaults are the people most opinionated and able to change them (e.g. ourselves).