D25912: Reverse shared context logic on GLX

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 12 10:02:18 GMT 2019

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: KWin.
Herald added a project: KWin.
Herald added a subscriber: kwin.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently we create Qt GL contexts that share with the core kwin
  context.

  If we do it the other way round, then with a special flag /any/
  QQuickWindow will share context. Making life easier there.

  On wayland our contexts are shared by default anyway as we control the
  creation.

  EffecttQuickView then only needs a boolean to decide whether to use the
  shared texture path or the blitting path.

  This is IMHO cleaner, but the other advantage is that it will allow
  D23881 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23881> to use the kwin context creation path and get a shared context.

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  libkwineffects/kwineffectquickview.cpp
  libkwineffects/kwineffectquickview.h
  main_wayland.cpp
  main_x11.cpp
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/glxbackend.cpp
  scene.cpp