D23489: Get output position and scale from output device interface

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 27 16:30:12 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D23489#520247 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23489#520247>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > I don't like how we have a period where an output will exist but any seemingly innocent call to geometry() before initWaylandOutputDevice() will crash.
  >
  > I haven't looked through your whole patchset, but it's something to be wary of.

  No worries, I'm wary of it. At the moment in every backend plugin the output device init is basically directly after the output instance has been has been so I think we are save already. But long term we should tighten this up by making the API more explicit on that. The flow should be:

  On startup:
  platform exists -> wayland server started -> outputs queried -> everything else goes up

  On output creation / hotplug:
  platform plugin creates output -> output device init  -> output enabled