D23105: WIP: [platforms/x11] Cleanup GLX backend, revise compositing

Alexey Min noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 17 17:50:08 BST 2019

alexeymin added a comment.

    /home/lexx/dev/kde/kwin/plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/glxbackend.cpp: In member function ‘void KWin::GlxBackend::setVsync(bool)’:
    /home/lexx/dev/kde/kwin/plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/glxbackend.cpp:252:32: warning: unused parameter ‘enable’ [-Wunused-parameter]
     void GlxBackend::setVsync(bool enable)
                               ~~~~~^~~~~~

  > If you have a git checkout of KWin you can test now already (with arc do arc patch D23105 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23105> to easily apply the diff to your local checkout). It should work just fine.

  Im running latsest released versions of KF5/Plasma, so it turned out that I also need KWayland master because of D10747 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10747> and kscreenlocker master because AboutToQuit in D20804 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20804> .

    lexx ~/dev/kde/kwin/build [arcpatch-D23105] $ KWIN_USE_INTEL_SWAP_EVENT=1 kwin_x11 --replace
    OpenGL vendor string:                   X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string:                 Radeon RX 560 Series (POLARIS11, DRM 3.32.0, 5.2.8-gentoo, LLVM 8.0.1)
    OpenGL version string:                  4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 19.1.4
    OpenGL shading language version string: 4.50
    Driver:                                 RadeonSI
    GPU class:                              Arctic Islands
    OpenGL version:                         4.5
    GLSL version:                           4.50
    Mesa version:                           19.1.4
    X server version:                       1.20.5
    Linux kernel version:                   5.2.8
    Requires strict binding:                yes
    GLSL shaders:                           yes
    Texture NPOT support:                   yes
    Virtual Machine:                        no

    GlxBackend::init true true true

  With `KWIN_USE_INTEL_SWAP_EVENT=1` all seems to work fine.

  But with `KWIN_USE_INTEL_SWAP_EVENT=0` or when unset, I see serious "lags" when dragging the window, it becomes very hard to drag window on screen, looks like some mouse movements are dropped(?) Resizing for example is still fine:

  F7256203: kwin-D23105-2019-08-17_19.41.45.mkv <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7256203>