D23098: Don't crash when X11Compositor tears down

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 11 17:31:37 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D23098#510410 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23098#510410>, @zzag wrote:

  > In D23098#510409 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23098#510409>, @romangg wrote:
  >
  > > Thanks, makes sense. Then just add a default implementation in base class doing nothing? Or will it then still try to access the overriding subclass method?
  >

  > It doesn't matter whether default implementation is provided. All updateCompositingBlocked() method calls will be dispatched to Compositor, not X11Compositor or WaylandCompositor.

  I thought the root problem is that updateCompositeBlocking is pure virtual in Compositor and so not defined after child has been destroyed. Make it only virtual with a default implementation. Then on destroy updateCompositeBlocking calls will go to Compositor's default implementation and we won't crash. Something wrong with this logic?