D22973: docs: introduce commit message guideline

Vlad Zagorodniy noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 8 10:07:35 BST 2019

zzag added a comment.

  Scopes are a bit tricky. KWin core contains lots of stuff, so it'll be difficult to figure out what one should use as a scope.

  We could put component name for example

    fix(core): Prevent dangling pointers in the stacking order
    feat(colorcorrect): Add gamma and brightness options
    fix(core): Calculate correct visible bounds of ShellClient
    fix(core): Keep the outline below visual parent
    core: Rework frame skipping logic
    platfroms-x11: Require XI2
    platforms-wayland: Forward axis_source to platform
    (platforms: or nothing?) Drop fbdev platform

  Alternatively, we could put "topic," e.g.

    fix(core): Prevent dangling pointers in the stacking order
    fix(nightcolor): Add gamma and brightness options
    fix(wayland): Calculate proper visible bound of xdg_surface
    fix(core): Keep the outline below visual parent
    compositor: Rework frame skipping logic
    (x11: or platforms-x11:) Require XI2
    (wayland: or platforms-wayland:) Forward axis_source to platform
    (platforms: or nothing?) Drop fbdev platform