Relatively simple task for contributors: making microbe not stay in infinite loop

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:46:28 UTC 2016

 Hi,

based on my current testing, microbe (the program that generates
assembly code from flowcode) remains stuck in an infinite loop for
some flowcharts.
Because microbe is quite self-contained, fixing it should be a good
task for new contributors.

Based on my initial investigation, the optimizer inside microbe gets
stuck: it has a loop, in which it tries to further optimized the
code/program as long as it changes something. However, it never
reaches a "final" state of the code/program, and it always finds
something to change, thus remains stuck in an infinite loop. I have
not investigated the issue further.

If anybody feels like looking into this, please write to the list.

Have fun,

 Zoltan