[Ktechlab-devel] New branch: KTechLab 0.3 series porting to KDE4

Zoltan Padrah zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sat May 16 18:43:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've pushed a new development branch to github, to the ktechlab-0.3 repository:

https://github.com/ktechlab/ktechlab-0.3/tree/port-0.3.8-kde4-v1

This new branch compiles and shows a main window. It is not useful,
because practically it crashes on any user activity. However, the code
is there, so it should be a matter of debugging it and making a useful
release. I know that this is easy to say and sometimes hard to do with
software written in c++.

Feel free to test to compile and launch it. The simplest way to
compile it is to run the "build-simple.sh" shell script from the
source tree, and then launch the application with "run-simple.sh".
If the KTechLab does not compile, and you have fairly recent Qt4 and
KDE4 development packages on your system, then that is a bug that I
want to fix soon. Note that I don't know which are the minimum
required versions of KDE4 and Qt4 for KTechlab; I have only tested on
my machine, with Ubuntu 14.04.

If KTechLab launches and crashes immediately, then that's a known
issue, on which I'm probably working on (depending on how/when
crashes...).

Here is a screenshot of the current status:

https://github.com/ktechlab/ktechlab/wiki/Screenshots#development-version-03-series-20150516-as-being-ported-to-kde4

(note that the toolbars do not work, and the terrminal is filled with
warning messages)

When I manage to (1) fix all the crashes and (2) make all of the
features of 0.3 series work in this branch, then I will propose to
make a new release. Until then, I want to make several release
candidates, as more and more things will be fixed. I cannot guarantee
any timeline, though.

Have fun,

 Zoltan