[Ktechlab-devel] changing the data in IDocumentModel

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Sep 9 14:18:54 UTC 2010

> About 1:
>   Removing components is useful in the unit tests about the simulator. The
> simulator with minimal features is essentially implemented, but when I
> want to make tests that place some components/elements in the test-model,
> I cannot remove them. The next major work with the simulator is to port
> all the elements to it.

=\

And Julian spent all that time on plugins only to leave essential core
functionality out? I certainly don't want to alienate our only kde4
expert but at the same time, I'm getting increasingly miffed about this.
My message here is "FOCUS ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT! RELEASE EARLY!!"

> About 2:
>   As I see in the interface, all the methods return QVariantMap values, and
> not references.
>   I'd like to modify the model in order to store there the state of the
> simulated circuit: voltages and currents in the nodes. As a way of storing
> this information, I've thought about placing new keys in the QVariantMaps
> representing the components, with the name being the name of a pin
> appended with "_v" and "_i". For example, for a resistor with pins "A" and
> "B", I'd like to add "A_v", "A_i", "B_v" and "B_i" values, each storing
> the voltage and current for a given pin. Note that we have to agree on the
> names of the pins, because both the model, and the simulation part needs
> to use them.

Obviously, in that example, A_i and B_i should be cross-linked because
they should always be exactly the same value. (these are called c-branches)

furthermore, A_v will be connected by wires to other nodes with voltage
equal to A_v. (these are called cnodes).

In the latest SVN code, you can mouse-over each of the component pins
and if it is part of an analog simulation, you'll see the number of the
node it is associated with.

Ktechlab 3 does certainly have unresolved design issues with pins. I had
only recently completed my work with Wire.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.