[Ktechlab-devel] Cleaning up the simulator

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 18:05:09 UTC 2010

  Related to commit

"
move all simulation related classes

The simulator will be provided as a plugin. This part still needs to be
ported and saveral things have to be refactored.

TODO:
  * strip Component to a bare minimum needed for simulation
  * do actual porting work
"

  First of all, I wanted to do the same thing ;)

  However, the classes in the components subdirectory and the component
class is the view / controller for the objects simulated in a circuit. So
as I've understood, the SVG files will replace the view, and there will be
one generic controller, for all the classes. This means that all these
should be removed later.

  The problem is with the logic (digital) classes, where the classes also
contain the model (generally a very simple one). The models should be
extracted from the component class, and the rest can be removed.

  My question is how should be the Simulator class implemented? It's good
enough a singleton as it was? The problem becomes tricky when we consider
the plugin structure... Or should we use come class from ktechlatform?

  Have a nice weekend,
   Zoltan