[Ktechlab-devel] Adding nodes() to IDocumentModel ?

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Wed Aug 25 19:31:08 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 25 August 2010 20:34:43 Zoltan Padrah wrote:
> > I merged your master and tested it. It crashes, when starting with a
> > session containing opened files. This is, because the simulatormanager
> > isn’t initialized. So in main.cpp the manager needs to be initialized
> > before the core. (i. e. 3 lines above) This could cause trouble in the
> > future, though, when the simulatormanager needs the core to be running.
> > But I don’t see this use-case, yet.
>
> It's strange that this crash never happened to me. The
> simulatormanager eventually will become a plugin, so in my opinion it
> will never depend on the core.
:) As I said, this just happened, when during initialization of the core a
document was opened (which triggers loading of the basic_ec plugin, which
needs the SimulatorManager to be created). Funny bug, but easy to spot, if you
know where to hunt it.

> > Before merging your branch, I’d like another thing sorted out. There’s a
> > lot of trailing-whitespace in your code.
>
> I've removed all the whitespace from the source files, by using the
> command:
>
>  find . -type f -exec sed -i 's/ *$//' '{}' ';'
>
> and adding the results to the repository. In theory there shouldn't
> exist any more trailing whitespace under the src/ subdirectory.
Ok, I need to check wether this produces any conflicts, because it touches
quite a few files. But it’s good for now.

> Note that this isn't a final merge to master -- I have merged the
> branches because I needed the new document model interface
> definitions. In the current state, the simulator still isn't
> implemented. By this merged, I wanted to avoid bigger issues, which
> could appear in later merges.
Sounds reasonable. I also just wanted to point these things out. It’s
something we (developers) should be aware of. For users this won’t matter.

> To sum up: no more trailing whitespace, the document model interface
> is now better and there is still a lot of work to do on the simulator.
<cartman>Sweeeet!</cartman>

bye then
julian