[Ktechlab-devel] KDevPlatform version bump

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Mon Apr 19 08:47:41 UTC 2010

hi,
the kdevelop hackers again increased their version number for plugins. I
talked to the developers about this problem, they confirmed, that the check is
== and therefore only plugins with the same version number as KDevPlatform can
be loaded. This should be the last time the version number is increased, for
quite some time. I'm not sure how to solve this issue in a long term. The
problem, I see is that plugins would be working with older/newer versions as
well, but the == check prevents the plugins from being loaded. I think, we
should wait until the 1.0 release of KDevPlatform and after that, bring this
problem to the attention of the kdevelop hackers, again and may be find a
better solution.

bye then
julian