[Ktechlab-devel] Slowmatrix! =)

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sat Sep 19 22:46:27 UTC 2009

Niels Egberts wrote:

> This is still very easy to reproduce by simply creating a matrix
> display. It will output "Invalid matrix!". And after adding some fixed
> voltages and ground elements it crashes and outputs matrix A. This is
> with the SVN-version.

yeah, there are several underlying issues there. You can remove the
assertion checks and relax the parameter for the matrix print-out on
high error.

But the real problem is how Diode is implemented. It routinely puts huge
values into the matrix, sometimes even INFs, It is extremely glitchy.
The best way around the glitch appears to be to put a resistor in
parallel with each diode.

I spent the whole day cleaning up the code for the matirx driver and the
matrix itself. It still doesn't work though. =(

All said, I've put hundreds of hours into trying to get nonlinear
working right and ARGH!!!!! =((((((

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.