[Ktechlab-devel] CRAP. ($)

Link link at penguindevelopment.org
Tue Oct 20 06:55:13 UTC 2009

On 20/10/09 06:09, Alan Grimes wrote:
> http://www.amazon.com/Mosfet-Models-Simulation-Including-BSIM3v3/dp/0471396974/
>
> I wonder what would happen to the human race if the best information
> known to science was readily available from the local public library,
> and not priced beyond anything I can afford these days, certainly not
> for hobby use that is... =( OTOH, If I could only break away from
> ktechlab long enough to get some work done...

Yikes. And what's worse is that even if you get the book, it's still
doubtful you could use any of it for KTL - what with it being GPL and all.

Although if you /are/ certain it's usable, you can always ask your
SO/friends/family to get it for you as a Christmas present. :)

(That's what I'd do if I didn't want to spend money on a hobby.)

Then again, there are other GPL-compatible projects with sensible MOSFET
simulation, which may well be good enough as a base level for KTL. Both
Qucs and ng-spice-rework should be good starting points.