[Ktechlab-devel] UML tools.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 3 02:23:51 UTC 2009

Zoltan P wrote:
> Alan Grimes has written:
>> I looked around and apparently there are several available tools that
>> can generate UML automatically from source files, these include
>> umbrello, and dia (I think).

> I've used Bouml ( http://bouml.free.fr/ ). Compared to Umbrello, it's
> very fast and it's able to load the entire ktechlab source code and
> generate UML diagrams from it. Umbrello becomes unusably slow after it
> loads large amounts of code.

Yeah, I just noticed that. =(

I see the same pattern in my primary web browser/email client. =(((((

I think there is a MAJOR bug in gtk or something.

> I toally agree. We should see the "big picture".

> That sounds interesting, but it might or might not deal with Qt
> signal/slot mechanism.

Yeah. =\
That's something I'm going to have to study some more.

My skills in C++ have sort of plateaued. I can solve most problems with
it, but there are certain obscure object oriented features that I just
never bothered with. I think some of those might be important for
further improvements to the code in the main parallel class heirarchys.

In profiling, the biggest major slowness with my DAC torture test
circuit is when it's redrawing all the connector lines. This indicates
that it's probably time to start contemplating moving the simulator
loops to a separate thread. =)

An even bigger problem than that is that Ktechlab is soaking up all my
time and I can't focus on my work for my company and earn money to stay
out of bankruptcy. =(((( What the hell is wrong with me??? =\

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.