[Ktechlab-devel] Source repository: git or mercurial or other?

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Wed Nov 18 20:36:32 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 18 November 2009 20:45:54 P Zoltan wrote:
> Good, so this question is cleared.
> Should I enable the git now?
I'm in. The sf.net wiki says, default repo-name will be like the project's
unix groupname. I guess, ktechlab that is. We should use this one as upstream,
since every user might at first try the standard configuration.

As I told you, I already synced my repository against SVN. I think this is
ready to go upstream as it is. (Since I never changed a thing to any of these
branches). Have a look here:
https://krtek.asta.uni-luebeck.de/repos/KTechLab/
There you can see 3 branches. Master is the branch representing SVN trunk and
ktechlab-0.3.7 obviously represents SVN branches/ktechlab-0.3.7. Since there
is no real 0.3.6 branch in SVN, I didn't copy more. There are 2 special
branches, that have not been in use for 2 years and the other one 20month, I
know that at least one of them isn't needed any longer ;) I also tagged the
0.3.6 release commit, but haven't done so for 0.3.7.

I think, the kde4-playground branch should not be upstream (I commited some
crap for testing purposes). I'll come up with a better one, based on master,
to provide a starting point for porting.

bye then
julian