[Ktechlab-devel] Death to QT container classes!!

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon May 4 21:50:51 UTC 2009

Axel Jäger wrote:
> Why not kill the dependency to Qt at all? Face the fact that you are
> using the Qt toolkit and when you decide to do so, you should use as
> much as possible from that framework in order get maximum benefit.

Correct, but then whichever library we use will build upon the language
headers and the standardized libraries. Therefore our first preference
should always be to use the standardized base and then choose other
implementations only when they offer key features not available in the
stnadard libraries. Here we just want a bag of pins/connectors/etc, and
the perfect class for that is std::set. There is no reason to go
shopping for a different container unless there's a compelling reason to
do so.

The simulation engine should be isolated from the UI in any event.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.