[Ktechlab-devel] documenting QuckVector

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 23:03:02 UTC 2009

  Hello,

  I've started to put qvector.h and qvector.cpp in a shape that I like
more. However, there are a few strange things:

- can't find the implementation of the operator:
   QuickVector & QuickVector::operator*=(const double y);

  The operator appeares in the header, but not in the cpp file.

- what's the difference between
    inline double &operator[]( const int i)
  and
    inline double  operator[]( const int i) const

  These look stange to me, because C++ should make difference between
methods by their name and parameter definition, not by the return type;
also the same operator is constant or not?

- the return type in the operator declaration
   QuickVector &operator-(const QuickVector &y) const;
   looks also stange, because here:
  http://www.java2s.com/Code/Cpp/Overload/DemoOverloadtheandrelativetoMyClass.htm
  the "-" operator returns a simple object, not a reference. The current
declaration might produce memory leak.

  Personally I would prefer to not to use operator overloading at all, as
usually it's too complicated and too error-prone. Instead some methods
could be used.

  Also a remark: I'm starting to convert tabs into 4 spaces, as this is the
preferred way in kde style c++ coding.

   Zoltan