[Ktechlab-devel] QMatrix - Random number generation

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 6 02:02:52 UTC 2009

P Zoltan wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>   in qmatrix.cpp the QuickMatrix::fillWithRandom() is commented out. Is
> there a reason that the specific code is not working? A simple standard
> rand() function is good enough replacement?
>   Now I'm documenting and cleaning up the QuickMatrix class...

I didn't have a good solution to it,

It should fill the matrix with some reasonable values between, say,
-1,000 and 1,000 by 10^-6 or something. (so no absurdly small
fractions). It's used mainly for testing, it is not useful for anything
else.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.