[Ktechlab-devel] corrupted circuits

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Sat Jan 31 22:53:39 UTC 2009

moin,
After playing around with KTechLab and fixing some bugs, I finally found a way
to reproduce the corrupted-circuits problem.

Create a simple circuit (I needed at least 3 components to reproduce.), save
it. Delete a wire, add it again. Save it. Close the document, reopen. Find at
least one wire missing.

I don't really know, what happens in larger circuits. Are there more
connections missing? IIRC, I've had an example, where 2 wires were missing,
but I'm not sure about this. Any missing components, or is this a missing-
wire-only problem?

Zoltan spotted a crash mentioned in the wiki and while looking at the back-
traces and corresponding code (CircuitICNDocument::~CircuitICNDocument()), I
suspect this method to be very hacky. I don't know if this is related, since
saving should be finished before the destructor is called. But the comment on
line 43 triggered something in my brain ;) I also the next lines make no sense
to me. First connectorsToDelete->clear() is called, after that the list is
iterated. WTF?

I will have a look at the whole issue.

bye then
julian