[Ktechlab-devel] Another bug with subcircuits

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Sun Feb 15 14:21:11 UTC 2009

On Friday 13 February 2009 19:43:40 P Zoltan wrote:
>   Some more results: it doesn't work as I thought. The simulator "needs"
> those connectors for the simulation, but they somehow get "out" of the
> subcircuit. Another note: if in the Connector constructor no new ids are
> generated, just let the new component override the old, these lost
> connectors don't appear.

I can confirm that ;) the problem is that mixing up GUI and logical data is
bad. Another thing I mentioned while playing around with sub-circuits is, that
they aren't consistent. The sub-circuits aren't stored within circuit files.
(Or did I got something wrong?) This should mess everything up, when loading
an "old" circuit file containing a sub-circuit, that is not in the users
KTechLab directory. This will probably not happen this often on a single-user
system, but as more people share their circuit files, this will become a real
problem. Much rework is needed here, if I got everything right.

bye then
julian

PS: I'm looking for a solution to work-around this issue, because this is
quite annoying, even if you don't mess up everything by changing your local
sub-circuits.