[Ktechlab-devel] Another bug with subcircuits

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:38:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:03:29 +0100, Lawrence Shafer <detroit371 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was just playing with a couple of sub-circuits, and noticed that when
> a sub-circuit  is added to the sheet, a whole bunch (a real mess) of
> wires get added too. I also cant get my subcircuit to behave properly
> after deleting the wires. This is with the SVN version from yesterday.
> 2009-02-10
>
> I'm not sure if you want to deal with these little things from svn on
> the bugtracker, or not, so I'm just posting them here.

  Confirmed in the 0.3.7 branch :(

  Here's a log from ktechlab, showing the output of adding a simple
subcircuit to an empty circuit:

ktechlab: [Connector::Connector(Node*, Node*, ICNDocument*, QString*)]
Connector attempted to register given ID, but ID already in use: connector
ktechlab: Creating a new one: connector__6
ktechlab: [Connector::Connector(Node*, Node*, ICNDocument*, QString*)]
Connector attempted to register given ID, but ID already in use:
connector__2
ktechlab: Creating a new one: connector__7
ktechlab: [Connector::Connector(Node*, Node*, ICNDocument*, QString*)]
Connector attempted to register given ID, but ID already in use:
connector__10
ktechlab: Creating a new one: connector__15
ktechlab: [Connector::Connector(Node*, Node*, ICNDocument*, QString*)]
Connector attempted to register given ID, but ID already in use:
connector__11
ktechlab: Creating a new one: connector__16
-------
State is:
<!DOCTYPE KTechlab>
<document type="circuit" >
  <item x="276" y="164" z="0" type="ec/subcircuit" id="subcircuit" flip="0"
angle="0" >
   <data value="2" type="number" id="id" />
  </item>
  <connector start-node-is-child="1" manual-route="0"
end-node-parent="resistor" route="" end-node-cid="n1"
start-node-parent="subcircuit" start-node-cid="0"id="connector__15"
end-node-is-child="1" />
  <connector start-node-is-child="1" manual-route="0"
end-node-parent="resistor" route="" end-node-cid="p1"
start-node-parent="subcircuit" start-node-cid="1"id="connector__16"
end-node-is-child="1" />
</document>

  It seems to me that the bug is caused by not hiding the connectors from
the internal structure of the subcircuit (I guess ktechlab is just dumping
the contents of the subcircuit on the actual circuit, but makes is hidden).