[Ktechlab-devel] Some UML-like diagrams

Julian julian at svg4all.de
Mon Dec 28 15:00:43 UTC 2009

moin,

On Sunday 27 December 2009 22:30:22 Zoltan Padrah wrote:
> Another issue to be discussed is how should we split the source code; what
> kind of plugins do we want to create. Should there be a dependency between
> plugins?
You can have a look, how I organized the pugins. (I'm thinking of merging the
passive and the switch directories into a "basic-electronic-component" plugin,
but anyway, the idea should be clear.) There is the src/plugins directory
containing all plugins, we ship with KTechLab. You have to keep some things in
mind. When working with plugins, there is a public API. This is exported and
can be used by other plugins. The classes exporting this API are located in
src/interfaces. Implementation is done in the plugins directory. Then there is
the private API, this can only be used by the plugin itself. Dependencies
between plugins are possible, at least KDevPlatform does provide them.
Dependencies are always against the first form of API. So you need to export
an interface and implement it in a plugin. The pluginloader will then load a
plugin implementing that interface, when you load a plugin, that requires that
interface. This will... just work ;) You can define dependencies in the
.desktop file of the plugin.

As I said before, the FlowCode plugin will be quite similar to the circuit
plugin. So you can have a look there. I will prepare the documentation for the
circuit-plugin architecture, in the next few days, depends on when I find the
time to finish it. May be, you can get something out of the class-
documentation. (At least the src/interfaces/ classes should be documented
quite good)

bye then
julian