[Ktechlab-devel] some progress

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Tue Dec 8 07:34:31 UTC 2009

On Monday 07 December 2009 17:20:02 Alan Grimes wrote:
> I did a cleanup pass of the connector code about a month ago. I hope you
> are basing your changes to connectors off the current SVN, it is
> considerably less buggy and more readable...
Okay. I did nothing specific. All I did was: read the route= attribute and
create a path from it. When adding write support, I will rely on the latest
svn version. For now, I do read-only stuff (and only graphical representation)
that has to be rewritten, anyway (if we want to drop QCanvas stuff).

Just have a look on the code, that actually renders the connection:
http://ktechlab.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ktechlab/ktl-
j_ohny_b;a=blob;f=src/plugins/circuit/connectorpath.cpp;h=39ff732ba13e456e6b4370a80ae8ca4eba453751;hb=d055044
It just gets all attributes from an <connector> item in form of a QVariantMap,
takes the "route" attribute (which is important for drawing a connection) and
that's it. (Okay, I need to transform the coordinates, as explained
yesterday...)

This is really nothing compared to these large if-blocks in connector.cpp

BTW: I fixed alignment of components and added anti-aliasing and updated the
screenshot:
http://nbprogs.dyndns.info/~jb/screen/ktechlab-circuit1.png
(I only fixed the din symbol, for now)

I am going to start an "creating-new-svg-files"-session these days, to support
more components. I hope, this process doesn't take too long and I can have
basic implementation of most components in the next few days.

bye then
julian