[Ktechlab-devel] a matter of style

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Dec 8 01:55:56 UTC 2009

Julian Bäume wrote:
> That's why I think, the Qt API helps to write better code. I saw a construct
> in the code, reading: "Cell **m_cell;" or something like that. WTF? ;) This is
> not C, it's C++. Such expressions should really be avoided and I can't think
> of any example, where there is no other way of expressing this.

I'm a C programmer. =\

Sure, C++ is great for organizing stuff but it's HORRIBLE for
algorithms. For algorithms, I require a language that executes directly
instead of vertically (try debugging a STL call). I need to be able to
think in terms of register moves, pushes and pops, and of the memory be
it stack, heap, or data, and understand exactly what the hell is slowing
shit down. =\  The connector routing code is inherently a slow problem,
and therefore to get acceptable performance I reverted to the style
which I prefer to get the damn thing to work. -- that said, you can
compare my revisions to the archival code and make your judgment about
what I've done with it.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.