[Ktechlab-devel] Documentation; svn committing question

Julian Bäume julian at svg4all.de
Wed Sep 10 14:30:04 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 23:50:28 P Zoltan wrote:
> 	Hi,
>
>    I've uploaded draft of the documentation I want to write here:
>   http://zotanp.extra.hu/architecture-doc-00.odt
> In this stage it's very incomplete, I will write more as I have time.
Hey, that's a nice work, I'm going to keep it up and comment on the changes we
have to do for the porting.

>    The big question is where should I put it? As I've seen, the
> ktechlab.org website will go down after 23 september, so until then a good
> place for this documentation would be in the wiki. Alternative solution is
> the svn repository or that website where is now.
Could you put the umbrello XML files into the svn? We can create a
documentation directory in trunk to store such files. I think it's ok to put
the binary file in there, too.

Lawrence Shafer mentioned some time ago, that he is willing to host the
website. We should get a dump of the database before the actual site is going
down and move to Lawrences' servers. Lawrence, I don't know if you still read
this list, so I put you into CC.

>    The other topic is: where should I commit my changes in the svn
> repository? Directly in the trunk, or in some other branch? (I've never
> used svn...) Until the end of september I have no problem with the
> Internet connection, after that I will see how can I manage with svn.
Do you have an svn account now? You should put your changes into trunk, so
people using trunk can test it. Later we will create a branch and tag it for
release. All development is done in trunk, so this is were to put your code.
We only have some development branches now, where some things are stored, that
might not likely be released to the public.

bye then
julian