[Ktechlab-devel] Use case analysis, 2A3 amp. =P

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 18 14:28:13 UTC 2008

>   One approach could be to set how fast passes the time in the simulator;
> for instance, to be able to analize the response at 200khz, one could set
> that 0.005s in the simulator to correspond to 1s in real world. Then
> fourier  transform should be calculated, and get the harmonics...

The issue is that the simulator already runs about a hundred times
slower than realtime and it's internal clock is only running at 10,000
samples/sec. (see other post).

>   Second approach would be to implement AC sweep -- that needs new models
> and a framework able to switch between the models of the components.

yep. =(

>> So a major benchmark for the Ktechlab simulator will be the ability to
>> simulate any of the major SMPS topologies and come with reference
>> designs for PFC input and DC-DC converters with output voltages all the
>> way up to 1.5 KV.

>   Other benchmark: the ability to complete a basic electronic course using
> ktechlab as circuit simulator. (circuits with diodes, transistors,
> op-amps). Example of the issues here: the comparators with op-amps have at
> the output +/-10^15 volt, which is far from realistic.

The issue there is that, in the current simulator, we'd then need to do
something like implement the opamp as something like a pot between two
rails. Which means we'd have to go iterative to tweak the value to where
we want it which would utterly destroy performance, hence the "ideal"
purely linear model the simulator currently uses.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.