[Ktechlab-devel] broke SVN. =(

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sun Nov 16 14:47:09 UTC 2008

P Zoltan wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 08:36:18 +0100, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I broke the SVN by recklessly moving circuit document into the
>> same directory as its parent class...
>>
>> It broke a bunch of linking stuff, which exposed a __HUGE CAN OF WORMS__.
>>

>   I didn't test much, but except pinmapping, I see nothing broken. After
> reverting a few changes -- like inheriting PinMapDocument from
> FlowICNDDocument -- the program compiles and runs (for me? :P). I'm ready
> to commit the fixes, but I want to wait for your response first, in case
> you have some objections :)

Thanks much,

I think the issue here is visibility.

Assumptions 1 and 2: All Circuit stuff is in the electronics directory,
All Flow part stuff is in the flow part directory.

Assumption 3: Stuff in electronics and flow parts can't see each other.

Assumption 4: Only stuff in the parent directory can see both at the
same time.

Because it appears that these pinMapping files bridge flow parts and
circuit, then it must be in the parent directory.

General rule: a subclass should never be in the parent directory of a
base class except when it necessarily bridges two classes.

Since you obviously understand that part of the code far better that I
do, I will let you make the next SVN commits. There is one issue with an
include file which failed to compile for me even though I am pretty sure
my build files are set up with the correct "-I" directories. In order to
make my version work I used an absolute path name... Please make that
work too.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.