[Ktechlab-devel] broke SVN. =(

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 10:02:35 UTC 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 08:36:18 +0100, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
wrote:

> Sorry, I broke the SVN by recklessly moving circuit document into the
> same directory as its parent class...
>
> It broke a bunch of linking stuff, which exposed a __HUGE CAN OF WORMS__.
>
> Apparently a buch of classes in the *FLOWPARTS* branch of the tree was
> using CircuitICNDocument instead of FlowICNDocument! =(

  Actually I've created those classes, to separate the functionality
related to flowcode from the electronics.

  What is the 'policy' about where to put new classes? It seems I didn't
created it at the right place in the tree.

  Do you refer to the errors like this:

trunk/src/flowparts/pinmapping.cpp: In member function 'void
PinMapDocument::init(const PinMapping&, MicroInfo*)':
trunk/src/flowparts/pinmapping.cpp:161: error: no matching function for
call to 'PinMapDocument::createConnector(Node*, Node*)'
trunk/src/flowparts/flowicndocument.h:47: note: candidates are: virtual
Connector* FlowICNDocument::createConnector(Node*, Connector*, const
QPoint&, QPointLi

  This is not that a huge problem.
  The PinMapDocument _is_ a CircuitDocument. All it does is to help the
user to connect the PIC's pins to a seven segment, a keypad, or something
similar. The class is used only in one place in ktechlab: new -> flowcode
-> on the pic: advanced -> Pin map definitions: Create -> enter some name;
ok -> you'll see a simple circuit with 2 elements: a pic and a keypad or a
seven-segment. You can make the connections between the pic and the other
component there, and to save it as a 'pin map'. That's it.

  Maybe it's a good idea to move all the pinmapping's source in a separade
directory, so it won't mislead people because it uses CircuitICNDocument.