[Ktechlab-devel] simulator

Glen gcanaday at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 22:31:04 UTC 2008

There are a few decent tube equations out there.. I don't see why they'd
be to hard to inherit to use / modify. I have no idea if anyone's found
a better way to model them that doesn't involve iteration, though!

I DO want to make parts inheritable... there's no reason not to. Who
else does that?

>I partly agree here. The point why I see KTechLab in kdeedu is, because
>of
>it's really easy to use interface. It's ready to be used in (higher)
>education. Engineers do want something more practical here, don't they?
>Some
>something that plays together with all the professional tools out >there.

Easy-to-use doesn't have to mean toy or educational-use-only ;) Nothing
wrong with professionally using the same software you learned a trade
on! KTechLab has a better interface than the vast majority of apps in
the same vein. It seems that professional-quality is where we're looking
to take it and I'm all for that! Maybe one day we'll spearhead a new KDE
app category.

I suppose one thing I should do is get feature lists from all of the
favorite simulation apps and compare what we already have to it. I just
wish that publishing web pages was simpler. I'm a horrible web designer.

I'm upgrading to ubuntu 8.10 as I write this to make dealing with the
KDE stuff better and to fix a few things I've torn apart. I had KDE 4.0,
not 4.1 Classic wasn't available in 4.0 and that's a large part of why I
wasn't enjoying the experience.

- --G

(why is it I write books in response, delete them, then rewrite
different books and send?)