[Ktechlab-devel] database backend.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 20 23:13:18 UTC 2008

The natural solution for the parts database would be to connect to a
mysql server on the host machine... This would provide excellent
performance and really kick ass, but it would obviously raise the bar
for using ktechlab much higher than it should be.

We should probably use some lightweight DBMS that we can configure
simply and manage directly from ktechlab, and do it in such a way that
the user could pick the database driver and possibly replace it with a
more powerful solution if necessary.

Right now I'm scratching an itch with regards to a list of switches
being in class simulator where I think it should only be in class
CircuitDocument (because the simulator re-organises switches and
circuits whether they're open, bouncing, or closed...) -- ie the
topology of the matrix may change radically.

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.