[Ktechlab-devel] Technical comittees.

Jason Lucas jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 8 03:51:52 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 14:55 -0500, Alan Grimes wrote:
> While I oppose a centralized command structure for the project because
> it really isn't needed. There is a need for technical committees for the
> two fairly distinct families of developers who are coming to ketechlab.
> I, and the new guy are mostly analog guys, while others on this list are
> mostly interested in the digital side.

Well, as I am still (technically & financially) in charge of this
project, I'd better have my say.
I agree that we need to have a more formal structure to the project and
I think that we could achieve this by having A committee. It would be
wrong to split the project into two separate camps (analogue and
digital) at this stage for the following two main reasons:

a) All digital components are made from analogue devices - it should
(theoretically) be possible to model any digital component using
analogue components within KTechLab (think TTL, CMOS) i.e the separation
is between analogue & digital is a fallacy.

b) The project is simply too small to support sub-committees at the
moment.

That said, there is still obviously some division between those of you
that are mainly interested in analogue and those in digital.
(As a hobbyist in robotics, I'm interested in both)

I propose that we have a core committee that represents of the main
interests of the project:

Chairman - The Project Leader
Treasurer - Project finances (well, we live in hope!)
Lead Developer (Analogue)
Lead Developer (Digital)
Web/Wiki Lead Developer
GUI Lead Developer
Translation
PR/Promotion
Education

First item on the committee agenda:

Who wants to do what?, or should we hold an election of some kind?

Jason.
Project Manager
(And yes, I've served on several local committees over the years!)