[Ktechlab-devel] Porting to KDE4

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 10:11:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:27:06 +0200, Julian Bäume <julian at svg4all.de> wrote:

> During the time here I talked to a bunch of people telling them about
> KTechlab. One guy mentioned to move the project under the head of
> kdeedu. I'm
> trying to meet some of the kdeedu guys here to discuss whether this is a
> good
> idea or not. I think the project could benefit from it.

   Hi,

  I think in long term it's good for the project. However, I see a few
problems which should be resolved in order to make ktechlab successful.

  Being part of the kdeedu means more users for ktechlab. These users will
want to report bugs and request features, maybe they will ask for all kind
of documentation. Supposing they write a mail on the mailing list, the
question is if the developers will be able to fix the bugs and implement
the requested features. The problem is that the source code is really
messed up, and it's really hard to implement anything. I think if we can
put togethere a plan to get past this, the project will gain momentum.

  Zoltan