[Ktechlab-devel] Mystery Code

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 19 07:39:54 UTC 2007

Lawrence Shafer wrote:
> Heh, I know what you're doing now ;)
>
> Cant wait!

huh?

Actually, I decided to spend the evening going after an old pet peeve of
mine, trying to figure out how a major transmission line of current can
go into one side of a junction (ECNode?? Pin???) and come out as only a
few mA on the other side...

My quest led me to:

void CircuitDocument::calculateConnectorCurrents()

Which is one messed up function! It seems to take information from
cnode/cbranch, transfers it to Pin, then, from Pin, sends it out to Wire
and Switch... Then just to confuse you, it goes out to the wires, and
then collects it back into Pin... Right now I'm seeing about making it
much much harder for the thing to get confused and adding in as many
runtime checks as I can think of...

bleh, I'm gonna call it a nite.

I'm hesitant to push WIP code out to SVN but if you want to see it, I'll
post...

--
Buy Ron Paul's Money! =)
http://www.libertydollar.org/ld/ronpauldollar