[Ktechlab-devel] Automake problems

Jason Lucas jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com
Tue May 29 13:33:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 09:56 +0200, Claudiu Covaci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First I'd like to say that I am happy too that KTechLab development
> will be continued and I would gladly try to help (I'm an Computer
> Science student and I'm usign KTechLab this semester). I would like to
> contribute with programming, but I don't know if my skills are good
> enough. Else, I'll probably help with documentation.
Pleased to hear it. Feel free to have a poke around the source code and
you can also contribute by adding to the wiki
(http://www.ktechlab.org/wiki)

> Anyway, here's my problem: I have Kubuntu 7.04 and I downloaded the
> latest SVN version of KTechLab. When I try to compile and run the
> program (KDevelop), I get an Automake error: that I am using automake
> (GNU Automake) 2.61, and the program needs 2.53 or newer. That sounds
> illogical and I don't know what I can do to fix this. I looked in the
> repositories for a older version of automake but there's nothing
> there. Do I need some other dev-packages installed?
As far as I'm aware, the latest version of Automake is 1.10 so I suspect that something else is causing
the problem. Post the full output of automake & I'll see if I can spot
the problem

Jason