[Ktechlab-devel] Context Help

Thomas Winkel mail at thomas-winkel.de
Mon Jan 23 14:32:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have some comments/questions regarding the new context help:

- How to handle images? At present the only way seems to use absolute paths
like "/usr/share/apps/ktechlab/contexthelp/opamp.png". Can we assume this
path for every installation?

- How to handle keywords which are not in the item library? Something like:
<!-- item: transferfunction -->
seems not possible at present. Using external files would be possible, but
take off control over other languages from KTechlab. Otherwise, has the
context help to be consistent for all languages?

- How to implement a "back" buttom in html without knowledge about where the
user comes from? Using Javascript may be a way, but can we assume it's
enabled on every system? An other problem occurs when the user is linked to
an item which is in the library. A general back buttom here may be irritating
as I would expect the selected item as root document. What about a QT buttom
which is enabled if the shown document is not the description of the selected
item, only?

Regards, Thomas

P.S.
Very much thanks for the EU logic symbols, I was working on it, too. But was
not able to draw the character inside the rectangle without causing KTechlab
to crash.