[Ktechlab-devel] Feature Requests

Böete Yann yann.boete at grupoantolin.com
Fri Jan 13 13:04:46 UTC 2006

> De : John Myers [mailto:electronerd at electronerdia.net]
>
> On Thursday 12 January 2006 13:55, Thomas Winkel wrote:
> > > I've never liked schematic editors (or any type of editor that
> > > deals with flowchart-like work) that require you to repeatedly
> > > move your mouse to the toolbar to switch between editing modes.
> > > So this isn't an option.
> >
> > what about move if wire is selected and create new wires if it's
> > unselected. Selecting goes easy by left mouse and dragging a
> > rectangle around the wire and unselecting by clicking on free space.

> That behavior sounds a little 'magical' to me, as in it would seem to
> violate the Priniciple of Least Surprise.

Maybe you can deal it with a feedback by cursor change?

> It would also be difficult in circuits with areas of densely packed
> wires. Perhaps a modifier key? Shift maybe?

Dynamic zoom by mouse well?

> Then (if so implemented) you could maybe select a bundle of wires and
> move them all.

I summarise my wish for editing in Ktechlab

Dynamic zoom
	Ctrl + mouse well

Scroll up/dowm
	mouse well

cursor show the action selected :
	When you draw wire, the cursor look like a soldering pen
	When you move a part or a file, look like a close hand
	When you want to probe a wire, look like a multimeter

Automatic action selection
	When you are near a pin, the cursor change to the soldering pen
	When you are near a component or a wire but not near a pin, the 	cursor look like a open hand (for moving a part)
	(I have one issue: How to easily  make a fork in a wire in the 	automatic mode)

Manual action selection
	By "tab" button
	Soldering -> Selection -> Probe -> 'Free' Text

Copy by Drag and Drop (D&D)
	Ctrl + D&D

Constrained Moving
	Shift + D&D

Constrained Copy
	Ctrl + Shift + D&D

Component clockwise rotation
	Hold a component + right clic

Component inverse clockwise rotation
	Holding a component + shift + right clic

Multiselection
	Drag an area
	Ctrl + Clic on a component

What do you think about this?

But first, thank you for your entire job!
It's a great app, and I think it'll become better and better

--
Yann Boëté