[Ktechlab-devel] Feature Requests

asraniel asraniel at fryx.ch
Tue Jan 10 22:33:06 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2006 18:45 schrieb David Saxton:
> On Tuesday 10 January 2006 14:20, asraniel wrote:
> > Hello,
> > first i want to thank you for this great application :-)
> >
> :)
> :
> > Im using it in class and i found some things that could be improved:
> > -Save as component
> >     We use normaly a application called DSCH2, where you can save a
> > computer circuit, and then import it into another, but as a single
> > component, where the in's of the component are the buttons of the
> > original circuit and the outs are the LEDs. Like that you can easy make
> > "macros". This would be a nice addition to ktechlab, but perhaps hard to
> > code.
>
> That sounds like subcircuits
> (http://ktechlab.org/documentation/subcircuits.php), but with LEDs and
> buttons instead of connections formed by the "External Connection"
> components. Sounds like an interesting idea....

Wow, yes, exactly what i wanted. im sorry about this. But if you thing the LED
and button idea is good, go for it, because its not bad either. but the
external connector is just what i needed.

> > -Move connection
> >     One Problem i had with ktechlab is, you cant move the connections
> > manualy. Most of the time the automatic positioning of the connection by
> > ktechlab is good, but on bigger circuits sometimes you want to place it
> > elsewhere because you can read it better afterwards.
>
> There is also "manual connection routing" available
> (http://ktechlab.org/documentation/connecting_components.php) to allow
> manual control over positioning of connections. Or do you mean the ability
> to move wires about in addition to this?

Ah, wasnt easy to find that pulldown menu for manual connections.. dont ask me
why, even when i was reading the doc about it i was looking at my screen for
2 minutes before i found it. And yes, a way to move the connections after you
made them would be nice, but perhaps a big change in the whole

> > -Color connections
> >    The ktechlab way to show if on a connection there is 1 or 0, is not
> > bad, but perhaps as a option you could color the connections in different
> > colors if they are active or not, it can help to read bigger circuits.
>
> What do you think of the attached image?

Yes, exactly what i wanted. is this already a option? i dont know if its a
good thing to make it default, but i just know that its easier to debug
something with that, you see the values on the circuit much faster and how
they propagate

> > Thank you for your great work.
> >
> > PS: perhaps as soon as im better in c++ i will try to help in the
> > developement, but right now i have 2 other open source projects and not
> > so much time.
>
> Cool.

Thank you again. ktechlab is now perfect for work in my class :-) great :-)
thank you very very much