kstars 3.3.4

Ron Haupt rehaupt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 22:54:55 BST 2019

I downloaded kstars dmg from
http://www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/kstars-3.3.4.dmg

Installed it on MacOS Sierra (10.12.6)   I started up EKOS and connected to
my Nikon D5300 using the indi Nikon driver.  When I tried to use live view
from EKOS, KStars crashed.  The first time it happened I spent a lot of
time trying different options with no success, so loaded a second time with
the same result.   I wasn't sure on where to post this or I would have
provided more details.  I reloaded kstars 3.2.3 and that works fine.  I
also was going to try building from
https://github.com/rlancaste/kstars-on-osx-craft but that failed in craft
while building indi. So I quit with trying new stuff there and decided to
make sure the older version worked.   I can do more testing if that would
be useful.  I have a MacBook Pro on Sierra and another on Mojave
(10.14.6).  I did not try it on the Mojave OS yet.  Thanks.
Ron