OSX_EMBEDED_MODE required, but not defined?

Sean Houghton sean.houghton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 21:01:09 UTC 2017

I'm having a hard time getting 3rd party drivers built on OSX, namely the
sbig driver, because nothing defines this preprocessor macro but it's
required to build on OSX. If I add the following to the cmake configs of
every 3rd party project I can get them to build, is that the best solution?
How are others able to build the projects without this defined?

IF(APPLE)
add_definitions(-DOSX_EMBEDED_MODE)
ENDIF(APPLE)

Also, I've turned on building 3rd party projects on travis ci for my fork
and it fails on a lot of things for both Linux and OSX. Are all 3rd party
drivers expected to build out of the box?

Thanks for any tips,
Sean