KStars recent comets and recent Near Earth Objects (Asteroids) lists

John Sved john.sved at onlinehome.de
Wed Jul 12 15:41:50 UTC 2017

Hello.  This is my first post here.

Are the correct sources for Comets, NEAs and Supernovae included in
KStars? In Sky Chart / CdC comets are at
http://www.minorplanetcenter.net/iau/Ephemerides/Comets/Soft00Cmt.txt
and Asteroids (including NEAs) are at
http://www.minorplanetcenter.net/iau/MPCORB/MPCORB.DAT.gz Is there a way
for a user to nominate or at least see the links of the sources which
are used in KStars? Similar concern for new supernovae. Two examples:
Comet C/2015 V2 (Johnson) does not appear in the KStars comets list but
it has at present been rather prominent.
How is it designated if it is actually in the list already?

The new What is Interesting feature looks very nice but, but again, I
cannot find Comet C/2015 V2 (Johnson)

The Near Earth Object 2014 JO25 was visible in amateur telescopes last
April 20th. I had to use CdC to find it.
NEOs really need a separate listing so that they are not hidden in the
list of well known asteroids. The same applies to comets and supernovae.

These really new or currently interesting objects need to be listed
separately as they are really very interesting! KStars is my favorite.