[snapcraft-kde-applications] kstars: Addinig initial KStars snap files. It needs DBus stuff plus notification and notifyconfig as well. INDI still uses /usr/share but it needs to be using XDG paths maybe? what are they exactly in a snap environment? It requires latest KDE frameworks to build.

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Mon Jan 30 20:10:39 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:45 PM, Jasem Mutlaq <null at kde.org> wrote:
> Git commit 950126423a616452f8b8eafb940bbbba6e4079e6 by Jasem Mutlaq.
> Committed on 27/01/2017 at 21:41.
> Pushed by mutlaqja into branch 'master'.
>
> Addinig initial KStars snap files. It needs DBus stuff plus notification and notifyconfig as well.
> INDI still uses /usr/share but it needs to be using XDG paths maybe?

yes, or really any env var. It simply must not be hardcoded to /usr as
snaps do not get their root changed, so /usr == /usr, $SNAP/usr is the
snap's /usr.

> What are they exactly in a snap environment?

https://github.com/apachelogger/kf5-snap-env/blob/master/kf5-launch

That is to say: the app author needs to set them to whatever makes
sense. In terms of the content snap the launch helper does that.

I twiddled the snap into somewhat building shape [1]. FWIW I am not
sure if the restriction was lifted but at some point content snaps
would only be usable from the same publisher, so publishing kstars
under a different user on the ubuntu store would possibly result in
snapd refusing to set up the content interface.

NB: this hits [2] which the build script patches for CI builds.

[1] http://build.neon.kde.org/view/snap%20(build)/job/kstars-trunk_amd64.snap/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapcraft/+bug/1658155

HS