Fwd: NGC Thumbnails

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Fri Apr 14 14:34:30 UTC 2017

Folks,

We've been having discussions over generating NGC/IC thumbnails to be used
in KStars detail dialog + observation planner. John, from INDI forums (
http://indilib.org/forum/wish-list/2136-ngc-objects-thumbnails-for-object-planner.html?start=24#16162),
spent a lot of time generating image file (200x200) for NGC and IC objects
in KStars database. However, when inspecting the images, there were quite a
few issues. Below is an email from John that discusses the limitation of
the approach. I'd like to invite all the developers to chime in on their
ideas on this topic.