Intro

Greg Roberts grr at telkomsa.net
Mon Nov 28 13:08:03 UTC 2016

Good afternoon

I have just joined this group after "discovering" the latest version of
kstars - windows version and am quite impressed with it. I have played
with earlier versions of kstars in Linux but am a novice with that
operating system, so I will only be dealing with windows.

I am not sure if this is the correct place to mention problems or
suggestions for improvements so first want to confirm this before I let
loose.

Some background - I am a retired professional astronomer in which field
I worked for about 35 years. I started Astronomy as a hobby in 1947-1948
and I still do it now, but have deviated somewhat into concentrating on
the tracking of classified artificial earth satellites and it is in this
area that I have some comments re the use of kstars.     Although I have
done programming in my time it was basically Fortran and since then
advanced versions of BASIC so I do not think Ill be much use in this
field so any contributions from me will be "bugs" and "suggestions".

Thanks for reading this.

Regards

Greg