KStars Lite issues

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Tue Nov 8 19:41:51 UTC 2016

So it took me all day, but it seems there are two different files used.
When using KSharedConfig::openConfig(), the opened file in KStars startup
is:

/data/user/0/org.kde.kstars/files/settings/kstarsrc

Calling KSharedConfig::openConfig()->save() saves to the same file as above.

When we save data on exit, we use Options::self()->save(). That calls saves
to:

/data/data/org.kde.kstars/files/settings/kstarsrc

But another problem is that it was called within a slot that was triggered
by aboutToQuit() signal from qApp, but that signal is never generated on
Android, so instead it is now attached to applicationStateChanged(..)
signal and I save the options when the state is Qt::ApplicationSuspended.

However, it won't work unless I make two calls:

KSharedConfig::openConfig()->sync();

The first one saves the color scheme files, without it, the color scheme
used by KStars is never saved and always returns empty. The 2nd call saves
the rest of the options. There is something wrong here but I don't know
what it is. For now, calling it as above saves all options on Android.

Regards,
Jasem

--
Best Regards,